Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Theme Songs

Do you have a 'theme song'?  A song that resonates with you more than others?  A song that inspires you?

I've had a few over the years.  Some of them have come around more than once.

Back in High School (when I was a social outcast... ok maybe I'm STILL a social outcast ;) ), it was "I'm Going Slightly Mad" by Queen.  Self-explanatory, really.

In University is was "So Alive" by Love and Rockets... and that one still resonates, as long as there isn't a mirror in the vicinity.

After the catastrophic failure of my first engagement, Kim Stockwood provided my anthem-du-jour with "You Jerk".  Conveniently, it was still in my collection for the next Jerk... and the next... and the next. ;)

Lately it's been an oldie that's been around the 'theme song' track a few times.  Another Queen hit... "The Show Must Go On".  It panders to my inner whiny little drama queen, but also reminds me that no matter what kind of shit happens in life... well... shit happens.  You pick up the pieces, you move on, you hold it together.  Or at least, I try to.

If you're curious about any of these songs which have been 'themes' for me, google "lyrics bandname song title" and have a read.  Who knows... one of them might resonate with you, too.

So... do you have a theme song?  Care to share?

No comments: