Thursday, April 30, 2009

generic update type post

Ok... so it's been a while since I've written, so this will be "generic update post number 3,458,264"

First... the celebration.  There is officially 10% less of me than there was back in January.  So what?  So, this is a big deal.  Ok, so we're at the 25 lbs down, a zillion and twelve left to go point, but it's a start... and a much better start than I expected.  Why?  Because I have a thyroid disorder that has pretty much kept me from losing weight every other time I've tried... this is a very nice change.  So here's hoping it keeps going!!  I want to have to buy a new team uniform next year!

which brings us to point #2.  Paintball.  Yup... still spending time with that.  The guys were nice enough to let me join the team as a probationary member... I'm having a ball!  Ok, so I haven't actually been PLAYING much (for various reasons... like injury, or the need to NOT have bruises for Easter *laugh*), but I've been spending time with the team... getting to know the personalities... helping out with stuff... playing counsellor occasionally (as I always seem to do ;)  )... and most recently ordering a metric shit-load of gear, picking games to attend as a team-member, and caving to D's desire for me to get "a change of scenery" by heading off down to Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain) for the biggest paintball shindig in the known world... D-Day.  Well, ok... I haven't actually GONE to D-Day yet, that's in June.  Should be... interesting.  D can't go, so I'll be piling into a van with 3 guys from the team (2 others and their better halves will be driving down seperately) for a few days of absolute mayhem in tornado country.

And then there's the update on my cousin.  He got married, and pictures from his wedding prompted my last mention of him.  He looked so old and in so much pain.  He and his new bride went off on their honeymoon cruise, but he had to be removed from the ship and taken to hospital when they docked in the Canary Islands.  He was in bad enough shape that my uncle had to fly out from Ireland.  I'm worried about my uncle... it's been the two of them against the world for so long... they're best friends.  I'm not sure how well he'll hold together when my cousin inevitably surrenders *sigh*.  Anyway, I found out last night that my cousin improved enough to return to Ireland.  And that's as much info as I have at this point.  So, in those moments when I'm not avoiding thinking of him, I'm choosing to take that as a good sign.

No comments: