Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Way Cool!

Ok... I'm a Toronto gal. And I get up early for work. So... I kind of got hooked on Breakfast Television... and from that developed a mild addiction to the BT blog. I'm also occasionally inclined to write to complete strangers (in case the blogging didn't give that away) to tell them what I think about something they've said or done.

So.

Last week Tracy Moore, one of the BT gang whose Mat Leave is imminent, announced in the BT blog that she's getting her own little corner of the City blogosphere for a blog about all things baby-related (blogging the first year+, if you will). She posted in the blog entry asking for viewer suggestions on what to call the blog.

Now, I know that I don't really get to see BT much any more (since we leave the house shortly after it hits the air in the morning), but I sent an email anyway with a few suggestions... and today discovered that one of my suggestions has been picked... and I'll get a 'prize' of currently indeterminate nature. How cool is that?! Very :)

On the less cool side... I'm on book 5 of a 7 volume boxed set D got me as a gift and have discovered a printing error meaning some 50 pages are missing, and the next 50 pages are duplicated. Poop. So I contacted the publisher (I've had this happen before with a different publisher and they mailed me a new copy of the book... obviously I didn't expect that in this situation because it was part of a 7 volume set)... who said to bring the book in question back to the store where it was purchased and have them exchange it. Great. Awesome. Tiny little potential problem... it was purchased online, so the brick & mortar store might not accept it for exchange... Tiny little potential problem #2... it has an alternate cover and I'm not sure they sold that cover as individual books or if it was just the boxed set.

So... my plan is to finish reading the darn book (Yes, I've missed stuff in those 50 pages, but I think I've got the general gist of what I missed), and THEN worry about trying to bring it back to a brick & mortar store for exchange... and hope for the best. Otherwise, I get to email the publisher again and say "they wouldn't exchange it.. help!" and see what's what.

But I get to look forward to a 'prize'! :)

No comments: