Monday, April 7, 2008

10 years??

ok... so I never did go back and re-write that employer loyalty post that got eaten... suffice it to say the whole thing was started by seeing a guy in a Sobey's jacket shopping at Loblaws. I'm sure you can probably imagine where it went from there.

Today, though, I feel it bears mentioning that yesterday marked my 10 year anniversary with this company.

10 years. How the hell did THAT happen???

My manager is on vacation this week... I thought that'd mean he'd just leave me my "gift" and that'd be that... but apparently he's determined that 10 years should be marked, not just swept under the rug and hope nobody notices (which is usually how I live my life ;) )... so he's insisting that when he's back next week we do a big presentation. Dear god I hope he doesn't expect me to make a speech. Must remember not to wear red that day, you might not be able to tell where I end and my shirt begins *laugh*

In other news... I'm "in charge" this week at work. Danger! Danger Will Robinson! Never a particularly wise choice to leave in charge the one person who doesn't know what she's doing... or indeed what her job technically IS. but... there you go.

And... spring is officially here. I don't base this one some arbitrary calendar marking or lunar event... I base this on the fact that most of the snow is gone, the bunnies are back in our garden, and my crocuses have bloomed :)

Next up: Tulips & Daffodils.

No comments: