Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seagulls and Turkeys and Bears.... oh my!

You know, I used to think you knew when you were in Northern Ontario when the roadkill changed from raccoons to porcupines. After this weekend I've decided there are other indicators that are perhaps more accurate (ok, so part of that is because we didn't see a single porcupine until we were already well on our way home).

Like a black bear sprinting across the 2 lane highway in front of your car. Like seeing Wild Turkey and not being in a bar (yeah, I know... bad booze reference). Like being the only car visible on the Trans-Canada (yup, seriously... no cars visible ahead or in the mirror). Like bare Canadian Shield. Like glass-smooth lakes sprinkled with islands of bare rock with a single pine tree and no other vegetation or dirt.

I love the parts of this province North of "cottage country" (well, what Torontonians consider "cottage country")... if it weren't for that pesky winter element, I think I could be quite happy living up there. Well, winter and income... but since I still don't have a job, that's not necessarily so much of a concern *laugh*

Now to wade through all the pictures and see if we got anything good!

No comments: