Friday, August 10, 2007

Another week... another bad picture

So, the realization dawned on me the other day that my Health Card is about to expire. Yes... expire. For those of you outside of Ontario, our health cards, if we're "lucky" enough to have a photo card (and thanks to changing my name when I married, I've got one of those) they expire every 5 years (or so... the first one can be anywhere from 3 - 7 years apparently)... and just like the drivers licence it's tied to your birthday.

Theoretically, they mail out a notice that it's about to expire 2 months before it goes away. Not in my case. No, in my case, I had to rely on the strange workings of my brain to say "hmmm... you're gonne be needing that health card in the near future, maybe you should make sure this isn't the year it expires". Sadly, not so lucky... it expires on Tuesday. Which means I have to find a MInistry of Health office and get the damn thing renewed.... ASAP!

So I look around at the 'local' offices closest to work and home. Work's out... the nearest office isn't all that close and it's only open 'til 5:00. Home... well, it seems only the Scarborough office is open past 5:00... so I guess I'll go there. Of course, if I'd thought of it yesterday, I could have gone on one of the 4 days per week that they're open 'til 7:00... but no, I thought of it on Friday, when they close at 6:30... so no dinner for me before I hare on over there ('cuz normally I get home at 4:50... need to stop for gas... takes close to a half hour to get there at the best of times... then stand in line... argue with the person behind the desk about the info on the renewal form and the ID I've brought.... get the picture taken....

Did I mention I'm having yet another frizzy pony-tail day? At least my Ontario government issued ID pics will look like the same person *laugh*

And hopefully *fingers crossed*, they'll put a sticker on it with a temporary extension or something until they mail out my new one

Other thoughts from the past week:
- some people will inevitably irritate me, regardless of how often or infrequently I see them or how long or short a time I'm exposed to them. It's just their nature... I realize it, but sadly, it doesn't help in dealing with them.
- the TNDC meeting this week was in Whitby and attendance was the very large group of myself and the Diva herself ;) Much fun, chatter, commiseration, and many wings.
- We went to the annual sale of "seconds" and "discontinued" items for Tilley (if you're unfamiliar with Tilley... very good clothing for travel... but not so good if you're tall, or under the age of 45, it seems... or maybe that's just me)
- Shopping for a baby shower can be both intriguing and depressing
- this reorg is never going to be finalized and some of us will be stuck doing jobs that aren't technically our responsibilities for the rest of eternity. (can you tell this damn campaign is just getting better and better?)

But... it's Friday... it's practically the weekend... next week is my "Hey, I'm another year older" day, and next weekend we're going to see the new Cirque show "Kooza".

Have a great one!

No comments: