Wednesday, August 1, 2007

So... does this make sense to you?

Situation: You are a marketing manager working on a tight timeline to get a campaign launched. Your timelines were already tight and you keep changing what you want.
Question: Do you take a week's vacation immediately preceding your launch target?

Yup... you guessed it. This damn campaign I'm working on (because I don't have a name yet to pass it off to) is set to launch September 4th (the Tuesday immediately following the labour day weekend). It was a tight schedule when working to September 4th. It has just come to my attention that we actually have a week LESS time because the marketing gal is taking a week's vacation August 27 - 31. Of course, all the deadlines given to this woman to work with were based on having everything finalized and final approval given by August 31st... and now we actually need everything to be done with final approval by August 24th. Actually, available in test by the 20th.

Plus, the relationship manager for this campaign, who won't let me hand it off to him until he has a marketing coordinator, is getting information from the marketing rep and not sharing all of it... and he's talking to our coding folks for some things, but expecting me to talk to them about other things. GAH!!! Enough already! Somebody send out the damn org chart and give me a name to hand off to!!!!

And, on other, unrelated topics... I got my first card from my new SGF today. Yay! And some items I ordered to pamper myself, too :)

The weather is insane (last check, with the humidity it was feeling like 39 out there... and since it was only supposed to hit 32, that's pretty sticky)... the A/C here at home is working over-time (not ideal for so many reasons)... and I'm a teensy bit concerned about a plant I'm trying to bring back from the dead (drought conditions) which is in our sunroom... which is considerably warmer *sigh*

Ah well.. life goes on... 2 more days to the long weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this SGF thing and how do I get in on it? :)

celtic_kitten said...

Ah yes... the SGF... I'm not sure where the idea started, although I know our other 'favourite' site is doing something similar ;)... basically back in May one of the gals on WB asked who'd be interested in sending someone 2 cards and one small-ish gift per month as a secret personna... she assigned us all, and now the cards and gifts are flying (some more often than others *sigh*). Another one will be starting sometime around Christmas, I expect... it's very popular and the 'reveals' are all supposed to happen around Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... that sounds like loads of fun. And a great way to look forward to snail mail again. Is there a set budget for what you should spend? :)