Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Miscellaneous rambling...

So... a number of different topics today.

1. The campaign from hell. It got even more 'interesting' yesterday when I discovered that a request I made at the beginning of the month never got done. Why? Because apparently it doesn't fall into the frame of tasks for either of the people I asked to do it. And they didn't tell me that on the 3rd when I'd have had a chance of fixing the issue because? No clue... you've got me... I'm going to have to resort to citing idiocy, I think. So... that left me scrambling to contact another group to get it done. A group with a 5-day turn-around to RESPOND. With a target launch of Tuesday. Yes, folks you can do the math... that leaves 3 days to get it done by a group with a 5 day turn-around to say "yeah? What do you want?". So... the guy whose job this campaign ACTUALLY is got a 6:30 a.m. email today alerting him to the situation and suggesting he start escalating now. What happens remains to be seen.

2. Ding! Dong! The bitch is dead! Or leaving town, anyway. Yes, one of the people who was so utterly horrified to discover a shared friend is leaving town for an extended period of time! *happy dance* Wheeee!

3. Some people have no sense of discretion. Some people have no sense of socially acceptable behaviour and tact. Put the two together in the same group and watch the stupidity ensue!

4. Medical secretaries who think they're "god" need a reality check. A really, really big one. A Publisher's Clearing House sized one. Tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and actually letting people talk to the doctor when they say they need to... these are important skills. So is "breaking news gently". Where's a flame-thrower when you need one?

5. There are times when video game violence is quite therapeutic. Much like pool, but without the same level of thinking required ;)

6. I need a vacation. 10 days from now I'll be sitting by a lake looking at nothing but rocks and trees (until I turn my head and see 12 cabins, a 'camp store', several boats, a fish-cleaning shed... oh yes, and 2 people very dear to me :) ). Now remains the task of trying to figure out what to bring... and what groceries to pack from here and what groceries to stop part-way there and pick up.

New job is finally ticking along... apparently I'm a Business Analyst now (poop)... and picking up a project mid-flow, so I've got a lot of ground to make up. Plus I'm not sure why I'm on the project, since I technically work on the secure sites and this is launching first on the public sites. *shrug* Oh well... life goes on, at least I won't have to deal with the campaigns from hell any more.

And that's the morning ramble...

No comments: