Sunday, January 25, 2009

I could have done without that...

Yesterday was definitely an "I could have done without that" kind of day.

I could have done without getting up at 5 a.m.... but I had to shower and figured out what I'm allowed to eat for breakfast in time to be out the door before 7 for the drive to Brantford

I could have done without it being so damn cold. I've really had enough of this winter thing... I mean, the snow can be pretty to look at in a general way, but enough is enough! ;)

I could have done without getting shot in the crotch at the paintball Young Gunz event. I think D might be starting to worry about my luck *laugh* Just one more reason to be happy I'm not a guy, I guess ;)

I could have done without the first accident we saw on the way home... traffic was backed up on the 403... looks like someone failed to consider the weight and required stopping distance of the vehicle(s) behind them when the made the decision to brake or bail. Probably about 7 cars involved.

I REALLY could have done without the second accident. the 403 was actually closed in Ancaster 'cuz of it. Took us close to an hour to go one exit, and then there was no avoiding seeing the aftermath when we were trying to exit... bits of car everywhere (and I mean bits and everywhere)... and there, in the middle of the highway... the proof that it was a fatal crash. Wrapped in white, laid on a black bag, strapped to a gurney... and just left there. Hardly respectful treatment of the dead. Why not move them to whatever vehicle the gurney came out of?

I could have done without the last minute notice that I was driving Dad somewhere in the exact opposite direction of where I had planned on going... but I did it. Just meant that dinner was delayed a half hour *shrug*

And I could have done without a 3rd night running of strange dreams... although it's probably an improvement over the week preceding them where I know I slept, but sure didn't feel like it. *shrug*

So... today will be a day with no "I could have done without that" moments! I have decided. It will be so! I got all those moments for the week out of way at once! Of course, the fact that my plans for the day include surfing, playing with the cats, and not leaving the house at all, that shouldn't be hard *laugh*

2 comments:

Michelle Hopp said...

The kind of day you described in your last paragraph are usually the best kind. Even if mine are usually sans cats. :)

Anonymous said...

You definitely could have done without all of that crap!

(((HUGS)))

xoxo