Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This'll be a long one.....

I'd like to thank the folks who responded to my last post... thank you for your kind words, and I will do my best to work on my self-esteem and tunnel vision ;)

Now... on to updates!

Still no job. That one I mentioned to some of you that I was kind of excited about has been staffed. No interview. *shrug* Severance is running out next week, so that's a bit stressful. But, I've applied for a job with the company D works for. Not my dream job by any stretch of the imagination, but the pay would be better than EI, and the benefits package is decent... and I have an 'in' since D is held in pretty high regard... so here's hoping.

I'm taking the plunge... no, not that plunge (took that one already ;) )... I'm signing onto the WeightWatchers bandwagon. I'm tired of being a whale. I just hope it works. It'll be a long road... so any spare will-power you've got lying around, I'll happily give a new home to! *laugh*

Paintball. Ah yes... paintball. D and I played again last Friday night. I suck at this game *laugh* But I'm having a blast with it, and with the guys on D's team. I think D is starting to have a few concerns about my luck, though... so far I've collected:
- 1 knuckle shot (apparently one of the really bad ones... this was my first hit)
- 1 hip shot
- 1 straight-on shot in the butt... after I was already out, and thanks to one of the people on my own darn team!
- 1 shot to the upper arm (which left a nice 2" diameter bruise... pretty colours)... that one hit right where a few muscle groups come together, so it hurt like a mo-fo... the paint went through 2 layers of clothing, too... not so good.
- 1 bounce shot to the collar bone. I'm told bounces hurt more... which makes sense when you consider the physics of it. THAT one REALLY hurt
- 2 shots at close range to the back... again after I was already out... and from someone on my own team. I'm guessing it was from the captain for the game... who falls firmly in the "lead from behind" camp. He actually bitched at myself and another newbie "you have to move up, you can't just stay back here"... said from BEHIND us. Asshat. We understand the theory, but come on... NEWBIES! And girls, to boot.

I've been told that I need some armor of some kind for the torso... 'cuz as a girl I oddly enough have girl parts *laugh* D's team-mates take good care of me :)

So the team has a sponsorship from the company that makes the markers they prefer and the company that distributes them. One of the guys with the distribution company posted on the forums last week that he had a research assignment for which he'd "pay" with one of his personal paintball markers. I, being one of the few folks on the board with no equipment, jumped at the chance... spent a few days (because I got the assignment Thursday afternoon and had to have it to him before Monday morning... and we played Friday night) digging through websites getting the info... and now have a marker and reloader on their way to me :) A barely used BT-4 Banshee with Reloader II hopper... one trip out and only about 500 balls through it. Should arrive next Wednesday :) And one of the guys on the team is giving me a pod belt. So I've got the basic gear (or will by the end of next week)... marker, mask, means of carrying additional paint. Now if only I could actually PLAY *laugh*

Not much else going on, really... which is probably good, because this entry is long enough already! Thanks for hanging in, if you made it this far :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Darling,

I'm sorry about the job not coming through. Hmm...maybe there is a reason for that? Let's hope, okay? :)
Do you and D. get to carpool? R. drives me in the mornings.

I will give you all of the darn will power for WW you need. My friend just joined a couple weeks ago too. She is liking the support.

OUcH to the nasty paintball shots! To the collarbone? UGH! Okay tough girl...time to armour up for sure :) And fire back at the people hitting you even when you are out ;)

Guess what my word verification is? fists! ahahaha

xoxo aaaand (((HUGS)))

celtic_kitten said...

Fists? Seriously? That's priceless! Even better than foofi *laugh*

Sadly, D and I wouldn't get to carpool, since I'd be in North York and he's in Thornhill (significantly further up Yonge)... unless they decided to build a new head office ;)

Michelle Hopp said...

Sending you tons of goodluck vibes for the position with D's company.

Welcome to the world of wanting to be healthier. It sucks. *LOL* Actually it's not so bad, I'm doing portion control as well, not counting points, just basically eyeballing it. Sending tons of willpower vibes your way as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww now it is just 'seurap' but I sound it out the way a young kid would say syrup.

Or maybe I still like to say it that way ;)

Boo on the carpooling. *I stickith my tongue out*

xoxo