Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wow... i really suck at this journalling thing...

...not that you weren't all warned about that long ago.

So, I was going to update yesterday, but my post about the past 2 weeks just got too long. Suffice it to say, much stress was endured, much fun was had, and I've reconnected with some people from the past who I hope will grow to be friends.

But what prompted this entry is actually another blast from the past. Today I got a message on facebook from a guy I haven't seen since mid-summer 1991. Who, indeed, I met in summer of 1990. We worked at Wonderland together. I'm a little surprised that he remembered me, really... although I suppose shared trauma leads to longer memories. He and I worked with a crew that included 3 people who died in a bad car crash at the end of the 1990 season... it was an ugly wreck, and it happened because someone decided they were sober enough to drive. Parts of that summer and fall are etched in my memory as sharply today as if they had happened last month and not nearly 17 years ago. Of course, hearing from him has also brought them into sharper focus *laugh* Wow. Weird. Not bad weird. Just weird. I'm curious to find out what he's been up to ;)

Anyhoo... Boss Man is on vacation this week and next... and I've got work to do, so I'll leave this for now. Looking forward to seeing Diva and friends tonight... not looking forward to dealing with the heat, humidity, and smog (all of which are bad enough to have warranted alerts and warnings) to get there... but such is life in the big city.

Have a great one!

No comments: