Saturday, April 21, 2007

5 years... wow....

So yesterday was a pretty significant day. Well, ok, not in the grand scheme of things, but still...

Yesterday marked 5 years since D and I decided to give "us" a shot. The rest, as they say, is history. ;)

5 years ago I agreed to risk the best friendship of my life... I'd say it worked out pretty well. We built on 5 years of friendship, raised a few eyebrows when Mr. "I'm never going to get married" went and got himself engaged to me after a mere 3.5 months (remember... 5 years of history already... we already had a pretty good idea of the highs and lows and who we both were)... got married (and I like to believe our friends and families enjoyed the event in the end... although some of them had their doubts in the planning process)... met some new friends, kept some old ones... survived 2 floods, two car crashes, a move, several jobs... good times, not so good times.... and we haven't killed each other yet!

Now, D's got a lousy memory for dates.... and even if he didn't, really what's a dating anniversary when you've already eclipsed it with an engagement and a wedding? But I felt the date warranted some recognition. Happy anniversary D... it's been a wild 5 years.... here's to 50 more! *cuddle*

No comments: