Friday, April 20, 2007

Facebook is the devil

Well... I've gone and done it now.

Having heard about 7 references to facebook in the space of about 3 days, my innate feline curiosity got the better of me and I've now (finally) signed up.

As of this moment, I have no friends. Oh wait... that's nearly true in any case *laugh* Seriously, though... I haven't really tried to track anyone down yet. A quick glance did show me several people from my class in highschool... and one or two folks I knew at Waterloo.

Actually, the first familiar face I found was a UW alum I dated briefly. It probably wasn't the best decision either of us made... we were much better as friends and sadly once we broke up we lost touch. My brother kept in touch with him for a while... even went to his wedding out in BC. Hmmm.. perhaps this is an opportunity to re-establish contact. Then again, perhaps it's better to leave well enough alone. He might not want to hear from me, and really, it just plan sucks when you try to reconnect with people who don't want to reconnect with you.

And so begins the insanity... the wondering "Should I try to make contact? I mean, they're on facebook, they've got to expect that people will try to get in touch, right? But what if they don't want to get in touch with me? Can I handle that kind of rejection? But they haven't been in my life for years, would the rejection really be that bad?" Gah! *laugh*

No comments: