Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yup... Facebook is definitely the devil

So... mere days since signing up on facebook I am sorry to say I think I've got an addiction brewing *laugh* Well, ok, that's an overstatement (but then, those who know me well would know that already)... but I do find myself fascinated by the site. Less than a week ago, I had no friends (so sad *sniff* *pout*)... now I've got 27 and counting! I've reconnected with girls I went to grade-school with... girls I went to highschool with... folks I was at university with... folks I knew through friends in highschool... folks I know through a chat forum I moderate... folks I know through D... folks I know through work. People I've known forever... people who drifted into and out of my life. And yes... people who told me my friendship was important and then promptly vanished from my life *laugh* I've joined groups related to my highschool, my high school grad-class, my grade school decade, my university department, that dang chat forum, groups for my cultural heritage, groups for the sheer entertainment value (80's, anyone?)... I've read the profiles of old friends who left my circle on bad terms... I've read the doings of acquaintances from my past who never got to 'friend' level. Seeing who's married... who's divorced... who's single... who's a parent... who's a crazy cat lady (oh, wait... that's me... two cats and D... he saved me at least from being the crazy lady living alone with 17 cats *laugh*)

I actually posted pictures last night. Some shots from the wedding back in '03 that I had on my laptop... some pictures we took of our '73 Bug on the weekend (we woke it from hibernation and gave it a much needed bath... so we had to take pictures of it looking all pretty!)... some pictures from a trip to Ireland and just generic pics. And, scarily, there are more I want to put on there!

I'm amazed, too, at the number of people I was sure would have forgotten me who remember... and in at least one case actually SEARCHED for me on there! THAT's a nice boost for the ego, let me tell you *grin*

I will say this, though.. trying to catch people up on the pertinent info for the past 10+ years is a challenge!

Must remember to look up some interesting quotes tonight and put something in the general info section of my profile....

No comments: