Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flakey - part 2

Well.... contrary to expectations... blogging yesterday didn't miraculously make a parcel show up. And still none today. I have, however, confirmed the identity of the girl who's supposed to be sending me things, and I know she's got time to play on facebook, so one would think she'd have time to write a card and mail it, or say something on the forums. But no.

So today I posted something in the thread devoted to this 'game'. I mean, I don't want to add to anyone's stress levels, especially someone who's getting married in just over a month, but it sucks being told to expect something in the mailbox that doesn't show up.

At least with the pen-pals thing I have decently low expectations... it's more casual, the commitment is just to write sometimes. And I've already gotten my first pen pal communication, and hope to get at least one next week, too. I've sent a few things off into postal limbo... I know one of them got where it was going, so I expect another one did as well (it remains to be seen if that one will yield any response, though, it was more of an unsolicited contact and I'm not 100% sure it's a welcome one *shrug* Oh well... life... I hear it goes on).

So... now I wait. Do I get contact? Do I get reassigned? Do I pretend it doesn't bug me and just take pleasure in sending stuff to my own assignment? (which reminds me, I need to send another one tomorrow so I know it'll get there before the end of the month... August will be a busy month for both of us, but I don't want to get all slacker on the girl... she's much too fun to send stuff to :)

And, on a completely different topic... I, yet again, want to strangle the over-zealous dumbass who clipped Chloe's claws before we got her. Whoever it was cut them too short (I expect they bled and caused the poor snuggle-monster pain), and now she gets very stressed and twitchy when I try to clip her claws. She did well tonight... I got 4 (of 10) done before she started pulling her paws away, flinching, and growling. Guess I'll try for the other 6 another time... or two times... or 6 times... *sigh* Poor kitten is sticking to the carpet in the basement, though, so it's got to be done soon.

No comments: