Friday, July 20, 2007

TGIF

Yup... another week over. And not a moment too soon! I'm tellin' ya, this whole "who do I work for? What's my job now? Who do I pass all this other stuff on to?" schtick is getting old really fast!

Had a meeting today to iron out some details of a campaign that I likely will not be seeing through to launch. It's going live in about 6 weeks, and I expect by then I'll be well and truly in the new job. Of course, my expectations have veered wide of reality on more than one occasion, so anything's possible, I suppose.

It's been a busy week for not being at home, too.

Monday night I went with Mom out to the airport to see my aunt off on her way back across the pond.
Tuesday night was Shannon's weekly gathering of fun and fabulous gals (odd... I never really liked hanging out with gals until quite recently... but these Chiquitas are hilarious and awesome!)...
Wednesday D and I went out for dinner and discussion and then ended up at a garden centre looking at very very very cool plants to get ideas for our garden and sunroom (likely not to see fruition until next year, but that's ok)...
last night I was actually home! And spent a goodly portion of the evening (having first exposed large hunks of red meat to flames in the preparation of dinner. Mmmm.... steak *drool*) preparing the rest of the gooseberries for the making of yet more jam on Saturday.

Tonight, in keeping with a week of dinners out, I'm meeting TifF (from way back in UW Residence days) for dinner. I haven't seen the girl for a few years (I don't think D and I were married yet, but we were together... so that would put it at late fall 2002, I think) and last time we chatted she was headed to London (England, not Ontario). So I was a wee bit surprised to find she's in Toronto at the moment (for another month or so). This should be interesting.

Tomorrow... a day of jam-making... present wrapping, and bag packing. Followed by a drive out to Bustling New Hamburg. Sunday, then, will be some small relaxation, the likely conclusion of my first sewing project, and D's nephew's birthday party (I suppose I really should start calling him my nephew... he's been mine my marriage for nearly 4 years now *laugh*).... then the long drive through cottage country traffic back to Outer Scarberia to collapse into bed and wake up to a brand new week of work-related insanity.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: