Monday, July 30, 2007

When did the weekends get so short?

Another weekend over. Another week begins. I remember when Monday used to arrive and Friday was a dim memory... lately it seems like Monday arrives on the heels of Friday and the weekend is a figment of imagination. Even on the weeks when D ISN'T working on Saturday and we actually have a full weekend together *sigh*

This weekend, for all that it was alarmingly short, was actually a decent one.

Saturday we went to a surprise party for the husband half of a 'couple' friendship... his "big 3-0"... I think we qualify as old now... D's 30th was last year... mine was 3 years ago... ah well, I'm told that life goes on, so I'll just roll with it *laugh*

Yesterday we finally got back to the zoo... haven't been there since March, I think? It sucks, we got memberships, we live closer than we did a year ago, and we hardly ever manage to get there. But Sunday morning we got up decently early, grabbed the cameras, and headed off on a hunt. I'm disappointed with most of my pictures, although D assures me I've got some good shots... I think I've got camera envy *laugh* But... I'll have to make do for a while yet. I suppose I can always borrow D's camera if there's something I especially want to get. (how the heck did 2 people end up with 5 decent cameras in addition to a couple of 'idiot proof' point and shoots? 2 film SLRs, 2 digital SLRs, and a higher-end digital point-and-shoot... and this is just an occasional hobby! Hell, we go to weddings and events and leave the camera in the car if we even remember to bring the damn thing with us *laugh*)

Next major hunting expedition? September up North. We're going to a cottage camp North of Manitoulin Island... near Whitefish Falls if that means anything to you... close to Killarney Park. Gorgeous area, and I'm hoping we'll get some fall colours while we're there, so keep your fingers crossed! Even if we don't get fall colours though, I'm looking forward to shooting up there... there are some absolutely outstanding landscapes with all that rock and water :)

And now I'm back at work... where hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a job description *laugh*

No comments: