Thursday, July 19, 2007

Why does summer have to be so darned expensive?

This is insanity! Why does everything seem to happen in summer?

It starts in May with Mother's Day (x2) and a family birthday.... June... 2 family birthdays and Father's Day (x2)... July... 3 family birthdays, and this year a friend's birthday, too (it's a significant number, it must be marked!)... next month we've got a baby shower, D's birthday, my birthday, Cirque du Soleil (paid for last fall... but possibly another show which we don't have tickets for but really want to see... which will also involve considerable travel time since it's in London, ON and we're in Toronto). In fact, between Canada Day and mid-August (well, the 18th, really), there isn't a single week without at least one event requiring expenditure!

Don't get me wrong... I love showering the people I care about with gifts and sieze every opportunity to do so... but summer's also when all the house expenses creep up... what with buying plants for the garden and sunroom, and looking into repairs and improvement projects, and the Bug and all... why it sneaks up on us every year, I don't know, but there you go *sigh*

Madness, I say! ;) not that it stops me from buying fun things for people, or going out for dinner with friends... altough really it probably should. Many things are changing at work, but sadly my salary isn't one of them *laugh*

No comments: