Sunday, May 27, 2007

'k... I suck... and in this case, not in the fun way

Yeah... so... I know I've mentioned this before (although it might have been in the old blog)... I suck at blogging/journalling/documenting my thoughts on a regular basis. I blame the fact that my brain keeps going until it stops. There's no happy decline in which to stop processing new items and start documenting the events of the day. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Anyway... it's been an interesting week and half. The long weekend was remarkably stress-free. Got lots of stuff done around the house, but still managed to relax. We didn't go away anywhere, 'cuz D was working on Saturday, but that's ok. Then there was the week. Good grief am I glad that's over!

Boss Man was on vacation... and for some unknown reason he designated me as his backup. Me... new to the job... still not really sure what I'm doing. Not fun. Things that shouldn't have needed any action suddenly did. Things that should have gone smoothly didn't. And then there's the campaign I'm working on. I had a specific understanding of what was involved. Just needed copy and creative from Marketing. Yeah... turns out, it's going in a different direction. Completely. Can you say "panic". Go on... give it a shot. Panic. Yup... that's what the end of my week was.... 2 full days of panic. Hopefully it's all under control now and will still manage to get out for the 4th. *fingers crossed*

Then there's D's show that he's been working on. Volunteer position. Now, D has a theatre background. Even more than me (ok, I studied technical theatre, but he has far more actual practical experience even though he didn't study it). This is the same group he was involved with 2 years ago, and hated it. But he thought maybe it was a fluke, so when they asked him to be involved last year, he said sure. Why he then agreed to "help them out" for a third year isn't really clear to either of us. The stories he's coming home with make me cringe. You know things are bad when it comes to the load in (which should include the lighting hang & focus) and the director and lighting designer haven't actually sat down yet to discuss what effects are wanted and what lights have been ordered. Today was supposed to be the cue to cue. But since the hang and focus didn't really get done, that would make it a little difficult to build the cues and do an actual cue to cue. Theoretcially it was supposed to end about an hour ago... but I don't expect to see D until quite late... if I'm even still awake when he gets in *sigh*

I've done remarkably little this weekend... which I desperately needed after the week I had. More time with D would have been good, though... 'cuz I'm not going to see much of him for the next 2 weeks with this show *shrug* Ah well... got my sunrise pics uploaded to my photobucket account (now I just have to tell people where to find them... and the 'read only' password... which I might do here tomorrow in case anyone's actually reading this darn thing *laugh*)... did some clean-up on my laptop... did a little crafty-stuff... chilled with the cats... all's good.

This week.. what's on tap? Hmmm... lunch with PeeWee on Tuesday... working from home on Wednesday (first try at the working from home thing... must remember to have my off-site password reset before then)... for some reason I've got Thursday sticking in my brain as something other than just the last day before June... I have no doubt that there will be more of interest as it unfolds.

Have a good one!

No comments: